new jersey fbla state vice president
September 2020 – Present
I have been heavily involved with the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) since my freshman year! I first began by serving as a chapter officer at my high school’s chapter, Old Bridge FBLA. Then, in my sophomore year, I mustered the courage to run to serve as 1 of the 11 State Officers that lead New Jersey FBLA at the state level.
To my immense joy, I was elected by over 7,000 members to represent them as the State Vice President. I was re-elected once my term ended, and have served in this role for two years in a row.
As the State Vice President, I spearhead myriad conferences and programs that grow students’ leadership, social entrepreneurship, and business knowledge. I’ve also launched statewide advocacy initiatives that have engaged members across New Jersey to adress critical community issues and raise thousands of dollars for charities. Additionally, as a voting member of the State Board of Directors, I advise a six-figure yearly budget and attend monthly Board meetings at Kean University.
Speaking at the 2022 State Leadership Conference!
Attending the National Fall Leadership Conference
in Orlando with my officer team
I have specifically focused on New Jersey FBLA’s service projects. I serve as the Chairwoman of the New Jersey FBLA State Community Service Committee, leading a group of 5 members shaping service programs. I launched Advocate 4 Anthony, an initiative in honor of National Suicide Prevention Month that mobilized members to craft over 2,600 handwritten letters with kind messages that were then distributed at schools, community centers, homeless shelters, and more.
I also directed the fundraising of over $25,000 for the March of Dimes mission of supporting low-income mothers of color. I aided with the Higher with Attire project, which collected over 3,000 pieces of gently used business attire for financially under-resourced members to use. I was selected as 1 of 6 members of the Sharing With a Purpose (SWAP) cohort by the FBLA National Officers and presented a seminar on gender justice in business leadership to 16 state chapters.
I have had the honor of representing New Jersey at numerous national FBLA conferences. From Chicago to Providence, I have networked with members across the nation, honed my knowledge of social entrepreneurship, and heard from impactful speakers.
The highlight of my experience was directing the 2023 State Leadership Conference. After months of planning, I organized a three-day event in Atlantic City which brought together over 4,000 New Jersey students to connect and learn about business leadership. Everything that went into pulling off a successful conference–from 3 a.m. FaceTime calls with my officer team, to crafting comprehensive workshops–has grown my ability to leverage my skills for widespread impact.
I am forever grateful to FBLA. I’ve made some of my closest friends, built memories to last a lifetime, and gained invaluable leadership experience. Each word spoken in front of a microphone, every member I’ve shook hands with, has drawn me ever further into the confident student leader I am today.
Meeting members from across New Jersey at the
2023 State Leadership Conference at Atlantic City
One-Week State Officer Training at Kean University
North-Central & Central Region Summit at Mercer College
New Jersey FBLA Conferences Directed / Spoken At:
• 2022 New Jersey FBLA State Leadership Conference: 3,000+ attendees (Atlantic City)
• 2022 New Jersey FBLA Local Chapter Officer Training: 50 attendees
• 2022 New Jersey FBLA State Fall Leadership Conference: 400 attendees (Kean University)
• 2023 New Jersey FBLA Local Chapter Officer Training: 40 attendees
• 2023 New Jersey FBLA State Leadership Conference: 4,000+ attendees (Atlantic City)
• 2023 New Jersey FBLA Central & North-Central Region Summit: 200 attendees (Mercer College)
• 2023 New Jersey FBLA State Fall Leadership Conference: 300 attendees (Kean University)
• 2023 New Jersey FBLA Middle School Summit: 200 attendees (Kean University)
• 2024 New Jersey FBLA Central & North-Central Region Summit: 200 attendees (Kean University)
• 2024 New Jersey FBLA Middle School Summit [upcoming]
• 2024 New Jersey FBLA State Leadership Conference [upcoming]
National FBLA Conferences Attended Representing New Jersey:
• 2021 National Leadership Conference (virtual due to Covid-19)
• 2022 National Leadership Conference (Chicago)
• 2022 National Fall Leadership Conference (Orlando)
• National Sharing with a Purpose Event
• 2023 National Leadership Conference (Atlanta)
• 2023 National Fall Leadership Conference (Providence)
• 2024 National Leadership Conference [upcoming]
Presenting an opening speech to
4,000+ members at a state conference
Program of Work brainstorming at
State Officer Training!
Competing & placing 1st in the U.S.
in FBLA Computer Problem Solving